Orientation and first Semester
ScHEDULING AN ADVISING APPOINTMENT
- Join Society of Optics Students
- Check the Student Academic Resource Center (SARC) for tutoring
- Check if the course is available at MIT Opencourseware or also try searching the course title on YouTube.
- Dr. Reza at UCF – General Electrical Engineering Lectures
- Physics 3 and Basic Photonics Concepts: https://www.youtube.com/user/diggitydev
- Introduction to Circuits: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLUpvzaZLf3IM2wmkH0TcDRzkN3joR5Af
- General Relativity: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLUpvzaZLf3JyQBZ8Jn2qaM0Fsy9Zhb8Y
- Introduction to Quantum Physics: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLUpvzaZLf3JmP0OYKGktv3ifZukEXlyf
- Diffraction: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLUpvzaZLf3KRRaeMVudt1G-iuclmAbfw
- Semiconductors: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLUpvzaZLf3ICzyd5lVwJbpl3r9GC9rMi and https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEmBUvaW0UhAbPz4IiscKgw
- Geometric Optics: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLUpvzaZLf3IB4GEhaCg7L3ioiLkHLk7Q
- AC Circuits: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLUpvzaZLf3IzKJXgclNlVg8GMBczMBZf
- Introduction to voltage and capacitors: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLUpvzaZLf3Jv7AjU5pfY8s25-QBCfdIZ
- Linear Algebra: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZHQObOWTQDPD3MizzM2xVFitgF8hE_ab
If you have other resources, share with Mike.
Overrides for Courses
- Overrides for Physics and Mathematics classes (course prefixes PHY, MAP, MAC) This includes Late Adds, Overrides for Transient Courses, etc.
- College of Sciences Overrides – fill out the online form
- Overrides for Engineering Courses (course prefixes EEL, EEE, STA, EGN)
- Overrides for Photonics Courses (course prefixes OSE, ISC, graduate courses)
Internships and Undergrad Research
Here are some great resources that will help find some opportunities.
Senior Design and Lab Access
- Fill out the Senior Design Enrollment Form and send to Mike McKee when registration for classes open.
- Make sure you include evidence of completion of EHS 309 Laser Safety Course, which is in your UCF Webcourses, and a copy of your UCFID.
- These documents can be emailed to Mike.
- You will receive a permission number to enroll in OSE 4951 Senior Design I.
- A second Senior Design II permission number is not needed.
- 3-D Printer Help in the Senior Design Lab
- The Registrar’s Office will email you with details on commencement ceremonies. Don’t ignore it!
- File for an Intent To Graduate early, before your final semester starts
- Go to my.ucf.edu and run your MyKnightAudit and review to make sure all expected courses are posted.
- Dates for commencement ceremonies are posted here.