Advances in Optics & Photonics
Industrial Affiliates Symposium
April 15 -16, 2021
Wednesday March 11
Professional Development Program for students
- Talk by Isaiah Hankel, CEO of Cheeky Scientist.
- Mock interviews, resume critiques, headshots, and more.
Thursday March 12
11:00 AM Career Fair: Engineering II Atrim
Other than the Professional Development Program and the Career Fair listed above, the rest of the Industrial Affiliates Symposium is canceled.
Cancellation of the 2020 CREOL Industrial Affiliates Event:
After discussions with our university administration regarding coronavirus/COVID-19, we have reluctantly decided that we need to cancel the 2020 CREOL Industrial Affiliates Event scheduled for the end of this week.
The exceptions are the Professional Development Program, held on Wednesday and Career Fair, scheduled for Thursday morning, which will proceed as planned for those who wish to attend. The Spring Thing event on Saturday is also cancelled.
I apologize for the short notice of this cancellation, but as everyone may be aware, things have been moving quite quickly in the past week. I do hope that we will be able to have our invited speakers visit CREOL later, after the threat of the coronavirus has subsided. We will announce plans for rescheduling a few key items later in the year and we will notify everyone as plans are made.
I apologize for the inconvenience caused and hope that you will understand that, until today, we had hoped to continue with the event.
Thanks for your continued support of CREOL!
David J. Hagan
Pegasus Professor and Interim Dean
Thursday March 12 canceled
9:00 AM – 12:15 PM Short Courses: CREOL room 102 & 103
- Yehuda Braiman, “Coupled Diode Laser Arrays”
- James N. Hilfiker, “Thin Film Characterization with Spectroscopic Ellipsometry”
- Matthieu Baudelet, “Practical Spectroscopy for Medicine, Industry and Defense”
1:30 – 2:30 PM Student Talks: CREOL Room 102 & 103
2:30 – 4:30 PM Poster Session, Reception, and Exhibits: CREOL Auditorium
Lab Tours: Start in the CREOL Lobby
Friday March 13 canceled
Cape Florida Ballroom, UCF Student Union
Welcome and overview of CREOL
Invited distinguished speakers
- Bahram Jalali, UCLA, “Physics-AI Symbiosis: How to Utilize Physics to Accelerate Artificial Intelligence”
- Michael Eismann, Air Force Research Laboratory, “Air Force Science and Technology 2030 Strategy and Infrared Technology Research”
- Paul Corkum, University of Ottawa, “Using Light to Control Electrons that, in turn, Create New Light Sources”
- Bernard Kress, Microsoft, “What Factors are Driving the Choice for Mixed Reality Optical Architectures Today?”
CREOL faculty technical talks
- Sasan Fathpour, “Silicon Photonics beyond Silicon-on-Insulator”
- Guifang Li, “Few-Mode Photonic Systems”
- Zenghu Chang, “Novel High-Power Mid-infrared Lasers for Attosecond and Strong Field Science”
- Kyu Young Han, “Fluorescence Imaging with Tailored Light”
Guest speaker Kent Rochford, CEO of SPIE and Liz Rogan, CEO of OSA.
Saturday March 14 canceled
(ask for the UCF rate)
Comfort Suites UCF Area – Research Park
12101 Challenger Parkway, 407-737-7303, 800-517-4000
La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando UCF
11805 Research Parkway, 407-737-6075
Courtyard by Marriott Orlando East/UCF Area
12000 Collegiate Way, 407-277-7676, 800-321-2211
DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando East – UCF Area
12125 High Tech Ave, 407-275-9000 x7841
- 2020 Symposium Cancelled
- 2019 Symposium Advances in Optics & Photonics
- 2018 Symposium Advances in Optics & Photonics
- 2017 Symposium Advances in Optics & Photonics
- 2016 Symposium Advances in Optics & Photonics
- 2015 Symposium Celebrating the International Year of Light
- 2014 Symposium Advances in Optics & Photonics
- 2013 Symposium Light in Action
- 2012 Symposium CREOL @ 25 Symposium
- 2011 Symposium Far IR and Terahertz Photonics
- 2010 Symposium Optics at the Limit
- 2009 Symposium High Power Optical Sources for the 21stCentury
- 2008 Symposium Biophotonics & Bio-Applications
- 2007 Symposium Ultra Short Pulse Lasers and Applications
- 2006 Symposium Optics & Photonics for Space-Based and Medical Applications
- 2005 Symposium Optics & Photonics – Envisioning the Future
- 2004 Symposium Nanophotonics, Biophotonics, Imaging and Displays
- 2003 Symposium Optical Technologies for Industry and Homeland Defense
- 2002 Symposium Optics Technology for Defense & Homeland Security
- 2001 Symposium Focus on Photonics
- 2000 Symposium Future of Optics & Laser Technology
- 1994 Symposium CREOL Open House
- 1992 Symposium Affiliates Day