Patrick LiKamWa received his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering at the University of Sheffield, in England, and is Professor of Optics and Photonics with a joint secondary appointment with the Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering at UCF. He is currently pursuing research on the design, fabrication and testing of novel optoelectronic devices using III-V multi-quantum well semiconductors, and the integration of high-speed optical and optoelectronic devices to form monolithic and hybrid integrated optical circuits for high speed optical networks and optical sensing applications.
Awards & Honors
- 2018 Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award
- 2017 Promoted to the rank of Professor
- 2016 Faculty Senate Service Award
- 2012 Teaching Incentive Program
- 1998 Teaching Incentive Program (TIP) Award 1998/99