This position is responsible for managing the Information Technology for CREOL, The College of Optics and Photonics and is essential to all academic, administrative and research operations.
Responsible for managing day-to-day operations to ensure end-user problems are identified, prioritized, researched, resolved, and followed-up on quickly and competently. Responsible for developing the CREOL website (https://creol.ucf.edu), adding web pages, updating and organizing content. This would include maintaining the intranet and associated databases. Knowledge of ASP.NET is desirable.
Responsible for managing, maintaining and troubleshooting CREOL’s file, web and license servers. Included are the operating systems on general use classroom computers. This would include, but not limited to installing and updating specialized software as needed by instructors, maintain Panopto recordings, troubleshoot multimedia equipment, coordinate with OIR on repairs, knowledge of Zoom, Skype fot Business and Microsoft Teams to aid with classroom and meeting delivery techniques.
Accountable for access control to include granting and revoking access to resources, such as computers, files shares and websites using Active Directory users or groups.
Specific tasks include:
- Oversee end user support for College faculty, staff, scientists and students. Included recommending, installing and troubleshooting and repair of IT related hardware and software. Manage loaner laptops that were purchased with Tech Fee Funds. Provide software training to staff as needed.
- Manage, maintain, upgrade and troubleshoot CREOL file server, Web server and License server.
- Maintain the operating systems on general use classroom computers.
- Represent the college as the Campus Liaison by attending monthly ITRCC meetings and other IT related meetings as needed. Coordinate shared services with UCF IT to include reviewing and updating current services as needed. Perform Security Coordinator functions such as following up on malware reports. Liaise with Campus Security and University Audit.
- Negotiate and manage the purchase of new licenses and payment maintenance of existing software licenses (i.e. Comsol) and review UCF IT Service Level Agreements (SLA), Operational Level Agreements
Other duties as assigned.
Quick link to apply, https://jobs.ucf.edu/cw/en-us/job/499549.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF’s Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.