The CREOL Nanofabrication Facility (CNF) consists of 3,000 square feet of Class 100 and Class 1000 cleanrooms with standard optical lithography, deposition and etching tools, as well as a Raith (formerly Leica) 5000+ e-beam lithography instrument capable of 10-nm resolution. CNF is used for the fabrication of integrated photonic devices and circuits, as well as nanostructured materials and samples. The facility is open to companies and other outside users and is a part of UCF’s Nanofabrication Shared Facility, which includes complementary cleanrooms in the College of Engineering and Computer Science and the College of Sciences.
- Users must be a student or post-doc working under a UCF faculty member or faculty themselves with a UCF ID.
- Access can be granted to interested industrial users. For more information email James Ross email@example.com.
- For questions, access and training requests for the Raith Ebeam Lithography tool, please reach out to Dr. Ivan Divliansky firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete EHS201 Laboratory Safety Orientation and EHS 202 or EHS 202V Laboratory Safety Practical Virtual. https://ehs.ucf.edu/training
- Read and sign the paper copies for the CREOL cleanroom 180 SOP.
- Email James Ross email@example.com and Nathan Aultman firstname.lastname@example.org with their Name, PID and faculty PI requesting access. User’s PI must provide an account number if not already on file.
- Email Dr. Keqi Qin Keqi.Qin@ucf.edu for access to the Cleanroom Sharepoint scheduler.
The CNF equipment houses a variety of fabrication and characterization equipment. Among these are the Raith E-beam lithography system, Suss UV mask aligners, three ICP-RIE etchers, a PECVD, two E-beam evaporators, Bruker Dektak Profiler and more. For a complete list see the link.List of Equipment
$22 per day
Includes ENTRY fee and equipment and use of the following: Nikon Microscope, Dektak XT Surface Profiler, SUSS MJB3, Laurell 650MZ Spin Coater, hot plates and fume hoods.
$11 per use
Includes the RTA 600S, Desktop Pro Sputtering system, Temescal FC-2000 Ebeam Evaporator, V&N E-Beam Evaporator and SUSS MJB4 Mask Aligner.
$22 per use
Includes the Takachi (Apex) Plasma Etcher and III-V Unaxis Shuttleline Etcher.
$27 per use
Includes the Bruker (Veeco) AFM, Oxford Plasma Pro 100 and Plasma Therm Takachi PECVD deposition system.