The research report requires that students follow the same formatting as for a MS Thesis.
The student must defend his document in the same manner as a Thesis, including creating a committee, writing a paper, and presenting the paper orally to the committee.
The difference for the research report is that the student is not required to submit the document to Graduate Studies for Format Review, and is not required to follow the defense and submission deadlines published in the UCF Academic Calendar.
- Intent to Graduate: Go to https://www.my.ucf.edu and in your Student Center select “Intent to Graduate: Apply” from the drop down menu. Please do so by the stated date on the Academic Calendar: https://calendar.ucf.edu/
- Committee Form: The committee form can be found on the CREOL website under Forms. Print this form and have your committee sign it, then return it to the graduate program office.
- Schedule your Defense: Set your defense date with your committee and contact the front desk reception to reserve a room.
- Report Announcement: The abstract and announcement form can be found on the CREOL website under Forms. This form must be submitted to the graduate program office 15 days prior to the defense. This announcement must be distributed 10 working days prior to the defense date. Your advisor will need to provide final approval to the graduate program office prior to distribution.
- Exit Interview: After your defense, please contact Rachel Franzetta in the Graduate Program Office to schedule your exit interview. After your defense, please provide Rachel with a pdf version of your final research report.
- Commencement: For information about commencement such as ordering your cap and gown, dates, tickets, etc., please visit https://commencement.ucf.edu